Chemo Again but Different

I started taking the chemo pill on Monday, the 21st.  It was a little disappointing that I had nausea after the first dose but it lessened after a few hours.  Since then the nausea has been very little and definitely tolerable, for this I am very grateful.😌 

The typical chemo schedule will continue for 7 cycles (2 weeks of chemo and 1 week off) and approximately 5 months but it will depend on future surgery and how I tolerate the chemo side effects 

After my meeting with the oncologist on Monday the plan is to take the pills for two weeks and then take two weeks off to do blood work this time since I’ll be out of the state.

If everything checks out I will begin the pills again on January 17th.  The doctor also said it would be fine to make our annual trip to Florida.  Please pray that symptoms will continue to be very minimal and that the trip to Florida goes well.  I continue to be extremely grateful for your prayers and support.πŸ™❤️

Comments

  1. Angie
    I was thinking of you this week and wondered how these 'wonderful' pills were treating you. I will keep this schedule in mind-on my phone calendar to keep up to date with your plans.

    Dan and I wish you and Jim a very blessed Christmas. There is so much to be grateful for but sometimes life issues push that to the back. Safe travels and praying for easy trip to FL.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Future Decisions

The New Do

The beginning...